Antivirus stopped working
Having an antivirus installed on your computer is extremely important especially if you use Internet on a regular basis. It protects you from various online security threats like malware, viruses, Trojan horses etc. Imagine what will happen if your antivirus stopped working one fine day. Your PC will become exceedingly susceptible to viruses and malware. That’s why you should maintain your antivirus to its peak performance in order to keep your PC safe. There are so many problems that can arise in Antivirus software.
In fact, none of the antivirus software is completely immune to the problems. We can easily find users posting complains like Norton antivirus stopped working, Avira antivirus not working etc on the Internet. You should read this post till the end to know the different antivirus problems and the steps by which you can fix them.
Antivirus Common errors and issues with an antivirus
The antivirus software is the technical application that involves coding to block virus infection. Like all other technical software, antivirus software also has problems of its own. Let’s have a look at some of the common problems that can occur in antivirus software.
- Antivirus not finding virus
- How to enable antivirus
- Antivirus unable to scan
- Antivirus not installing
- Unable to download antivirus software
- Antivirus not opening
- Problem because Antivirus not detecting virus
- Antivirus not working windows 10
Why did my Antivirus stop working?
As the problems in an antivirus are different the reasons behind them are also very diverse. Let’s go through some of the major reasons why Antivirus software doesn’t properly for many users.
- Using more than one antivirus on a single computer: It is next to impossible to use more than one antivirus within a computer system. The working of an antivirus becoming disrupted as soon as you install the other antivirus.
- Expired license key: A license key is the prerequisite to install and update antivirus. You will have to face problems while using Antivirus if you don’t have a license key.
- Virus Infections: Most of the viruses are designed to deceive the antivirus. If your computer is already infected from a virus attack then you may have to face antivirus error or issue.
- Internet connection: Although Internet connection is not required for scanning files, you should be connected to a good internet connection in order to update antivirus.
- System requirement: Every antivirus has some basic system requirements if you don’t match those system requirements then you will have to face problems.
How to fix Antivirus issues and errors?
Every antivirus has the same work to do but all of them have a quite different working mechanism. That’s why the steps to fix the problems are also different for all of them. Here are the instructions to fix problems with some most famous antivirus software
Symantec Antivirus stopped working
If your Symantec or Norton antivirus not opening or working properly then you should follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to exit all running programs and restart your computer.
- Then, you should run Norton LiveUpdate and restart your PC one more time. Doing this will fix your most of the problems in the Norton antivirus.
- If the problem continues, then you should download Norton power eraser from the official website of Norton.
- Run Norton Power eraser after downloading it. It will automatically scan and restart the PC.
- Follow the power eraser instructions. Your Norton antivirus should work fine after following these instructions.
Avast Antivirus not working
The Avast antivirus user can follow the steps given below if the antivirus software stopped working due to any reason.
- To fix this issue, you should log in to your computer as an admin.
- Right click on the windows start button and choose “Apps and Features” from the menu.
- Now, go to the left side panel and make sure that the “Apps and Features” option is selected.
- Click on the version of Avast Antivirus you are using and click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Allow Avast to make changes to your device by clicking “yes” (if prompted).
- Click on the “Repair” button when Avast setup wizard appears.
- Wait while the setup repairs your Avast antivirus software.
- Finally, click on “Done”.
Note: These steps are applicable only if avast antivirus not working on windows 10.
AVG Antivirus stops working
AVG Antivirus is also a very famous antivirus; you should follow the steps mentioned below in order to fix problems in AVG antivirus.
- First of all, you should uninstall another antivirus or software that may conflict with your AVG antivirus. The software like Ccleaner, BeTwin VS, Lock Folder XP are known for conflicting with AVG.
- Check the system requirement for AVG antivirus. Make sure your PC is fulfilling all of them.
- AVG antivirus may stop working due to incorrect PC settings or malware infection. In order to fix this problem, you should try to run your PC in the safe mode.
- Make sure you are using the updated version of AVG antivirus software. The updates are very important because the online security threats are evolving constantly.
Avira Antivirus Stopped working
You can try the steps given below if there is an error or issues with your Avira antivirus. Avira antivirus not responding or slowing down is the most common problems. You should execute a repair installation of your Avira Antivirus in order to fix such a problem.
- Firstly, you need to download Avira Antivirus installation file or setup file.
- Double-click to open the downloaded file.
- Choose the “Repair/ Update” option and click on the “next” button.
- Make sure that all the required component for installation are flagged and click on “next”.
- Wait till the installation gets repaired.
- Finally, you should reboot your system so that the changes can take place.
If you are using any other antivirus that is not mentioned here then you should troubleshoot the problem by contacting the technical support of your Antivirus.